Thursday 14 August 2014

Essay Rant

What makes an essay excellent? Is it the vocabulary of the author? The indents and the punctuation?  Well, they all matter, not to mention the organization and the neatness of your essay. It also must be coherent, polished and worth the ink of your 70 php G-Tech pen.

In high school, people expect you to learn big words, big fascinating words that will make ordinary people's noses bleed, especially when your school is best known for its high standards in the English department. (Hello Assumption)

So here I am, pretty much ranting about the number of essays we have to write in a school year and my friends, it's more than I hundred, journalism class alone pretty much takes up 1/4 of it. Don't get me wrong, I love essays, but I just want to take a test knowing that you're not required to write 2-3 paragraphs about the lesson and how you can apply it to your life or other fields, like damn, I don't even know anymore, man.

One thing about essays though, is that it helps you expand your knowledge about generalities and widens your vocabulary by a mile. Not to mention, college. 

The way you write your essay may determine whether you belong to that university you've been aspiring to attend, so to sum it all up; Essays suck, but we love them anyways. 


No comments:

Post a Comment